Welcome to the online application for your school based traineeship!
School based traineeships enable you to earn while you learn. Successful completion will gain you a valuable qualification, new skills and a pathway to a career when you leave school.
It is important to do some research prior to completing the application as we will need to know why you are interested in the traineeship selected.
To be considered for a School Based Traineeship, applicants will be required to:
- Research your preferred area of interest (recommended to involve your Parent/Guardian)
- Complete the following student application form by selecting your school at the end of this page
- Undertake a career profile (organised by the school)
- Attend a selection interview (if selected)
- Attend a job ready workshop
School Based Trainees will be selected on the following criteria:
- Commitment to school program
- Completion of school work to the best of your ability
- Acceptable school behaviour (no significant negative behaviour reports)
- Regular attendance
- Personal presentation
- Adherence to student dress code
- Presentation at interview (school uniform)
- Demonstrated career goals and interest in selected Industry Area
- Knowledge of SBT program
- Support and commitment of parents
NOTE: Successful applications and interviews do not guarantee placement. School Based Traineeships can only be awarded once a suitable host employer is established.